I don’t do Black Friday.
The traffic. The crowds. Being overheated and pushed around. Waiting in line. Messy racks and piles and stacks. No. Just, no. I can’t deal with it. I have zero patience with all of it. I just want to hang out with the family and then eventually sit on the couch in my stretchy pants and wallow in my fullness. Then eat some more pie. Mmmmmmmm… Pie.
I’m also not one to head out on Turkey Day. I am totally against stores being open on Thanksgiving. I firmly believe that the folks who work retail deserve to spend Thanksgiving with their loved ones, or hell, even their family. (Did you see what I did there?) Unless you have worked retail you can’t even imagine how horrendous the Christmas season is. It’s bad. So, so bad. SO BAD. I’m still emotionally scarred from my eleven year stint throughout high school, college, that break in college and then college again. Going shopping during the holidays gives me wicked bad flashbacks.
Here’s some awesome items for Black Friday. Yes, they are all black. The best color/hue/shade in the land. Also, a slimming color, which is helpful after all that pie.
- J. Crew – Merino Fair Isle Sweater
- Madewell – Twirl Dress in Windowpane Plaid
- Zara – Leather Gloves
- J. Crew – Colorblock Wool Baseball Cap
- J. Crew – Black Tweed Skirt
- J. Crew – Coated Stone Statement Necklace
- Coach – Turnlock Bracelet
- J. Crew Factory – Metallic Heart Tee
- Coach – Legacy Double Gusset Crossbody Bag
- J. Crew – Collection Biella Glitter Tassel Loafers
- Tod’s via Nordstrom – Moccasin Leather Loafer
- Madewell – Leather Pants with Ankle Zippers
- Ray-Ban via J. Crew – Thick Cat Eye Wayfarer Sunglasses
- Baublebar – Onyx Garbo Bracelet
- Madewell – Plaited Cableknit Sweater
- Zara – Jaquard Dress with Zip at Back